7" Cleaver Knives Damascus Steel Shogun Series
7" Damascus steel cleaver knife is an excellent, medium-duty cleaver knife that is highly versatile and best suited for fish, boneless meats, vegetables, fruits, and leafy greens. The gorgeous herringbone pattern on the base of the tang not only shows off the stunning craftsmanship but also prevents food from sticking to the blade, making it practical for everyday use.
How do I sharpen Damascus steel?
- Use the right whetstone: A stone with a grit between 800-2000 is ideal. Avoid coarse stones that can damage the delicate Damascus pattern.
- Maintain a constant angle: Keep the blade at a 15-20 degree angle consistently when sharpening to get a fine edge. This may take some practice.
- Sharpen gently: Apply light pressure and sharpen in a smooth, circular motion. Let the stone do the work. Aggressive sharpening can ruin the blade.
- Follow the layers: Sharpen in the direction of the layers to avoid premature wear and tear. This helps preserve the signature wavy patterns.
- Use honing steel: Regular honing with steel realigns the edge between full sharpening sessions. Make sure to match the steel angle.
- Avoid grinding: Don't use electric grinders, which can overheat and ruin the temper of Damascus blades. Stick to whetstones.
- Clean and dry: Rinse off sharpening residue and dry completely before storage. Preventing corrosion is key.
What are some advantages to a fiberglass handle?
- Durable: It withstands impacts and abrasion without cracking. Ideal for tough settings.
- Lightweight: Reduces hand fatigue from extended use. Provides better balance.
- Non-conductive: Insulates from extreme temperatures for cooking.
- Resists warping: Retains shape and size in all conditions.
- Easy to clean: Non-porous surface quickly washes clean.
- Variety of colors: Vibrant colors and patterns are not easily achieved with natural materials.
- Low maintenance: No oiling or sealing is required. Just simple cleaning.
STAINLESS DAMASCUS STEEL
Manufactured with ultra-premium 67-layered stainless Damascus steel at HRC 58-60 hardness. The cobalt added steel outperforms AUS-10 steel in durability and is easier to sharpen, since cobalt enhances the other alloying elements.